The Langel Synchro Swimmers
- Synchronised swimming was first introduced to Witney when the Windrush Leisure Centre opened in 1975.
- There were only eight swimmers enrolled for the first term of Friday evening classes.
- The first demonstration didn't need a programme - there was only one routine!
- The name "Langel Synchro Swimmers" was chosen because the Leisure centre is built on Langel Common.
- We now have about 25 swimmers at Witney ranging from Preliminary standard up to Grade 6 (there being 6 Grades in all), and up to Skill level 4 (there being 5 skill levels).